One Life Left

Definitely the UK's favourite radio show (sort of) about videogames.

Commissioned by London’s award-winning Resonance 104.4 FM in early 2006, One Life Left was only meant to run for six episodes.

Take that, The Man because now, somewhere around one hundred and fifty episodes later, it’s in its seventh season and grown from humbling, terrified, fumbling beginnings into one of the station’s most valued shows.

Take THAT, The Man. Also take that, British radio standards.

More about One Life Left →

One Line Left Songlist: Help Required

As regular listeners will know, One Life Left is hosting an ill-advised / amazing [delete as applicable] karaoke evening at Nottingham Game City. Songs will have rewritten lyrics and we — and you — will sing them, culminating in a collective version of Do They Know It’s Christmas Time. Yes, we know. We know.

We’d love for you to take some of the blame for this help us rewrite some of the songs. As a guide here are the sort of things we’d like to see on the playlist as we stagger around the venue:

Don’t Stop Believin': Journey
Always: Erasure
Sound of the Underground: Girls Aloud
Never Forget: Take That
I like to Move: Real 2 Real
Don’t Stop Movin: S Club 7
Baby: Justin Bieber

So, if you’re stuck for inspiration but want to get involved, please, please feel free to take one of those and turn it into something special. Or ‘special’. And if you don’t know what I mean by either form of special there, listen to Simon’s self-penned take on Uprising in #149 or Ann’s Fame (provided by the amazing Dave Green) in #150, appearing on your podcast feed very soon…

Email your contributions to the usual address!

8 Comments

1. Kristian Chelminski says:

Hiya
    I’m rewriting Sound of the Underground for you guys. The song fits like a glove for the topic I have in mind, but I’m going to keep it a surprise ;)
    I might also sing it and send that as a demo along with lyrics of course.

2. David Whealn says:

Hi Guys

Where is the next pod-cast? Always look foward to the show but wishing it could be uploaded on a more regular time frame.

3. hiya possibly not helping but if you haven’t already mentioned my “We Will Bioshock You” idea on the show, this could also be a medley with Blondie’s Rapture which is where Bioshock takes place (probably harder to sing though)

+other 2 ideas, one of which is a tune you already have or whatever that list is :)
    Half Life instead of Park Life
    Heavy Rain to the tune of Penny Lane
    (these are also both “list songs” so possibly easy-ish to adapt)

4. CupcakeMelter says:

yes! no the l333333t like me eh Ste? See you on COD and I’ll show you real gaming, not this plinky plonky stuff you like…NO! U Noob, the likes of which sheep think as fodder, do ya dig? sniperelieterzzz signing out, feel the power of my javelin death taking jam spreader.

5. RunToTheJar says:

Under the bed, like a jar or something/ Well, here we are again, commenting on the bleeding internet about something. The wheel is rolling and let me tell you it is NOT going to bounce as much as it did this morning. You know why OLL? Because it is made of sponge! Noob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEET LIFE 4 EVAAAA!!!

6. TheEnd says:

Errr…………….like, get with it now. Who cares. The future is COD…all other games are worthless. COD is the bestestetseteestetseetstts game for sho. Damn !!!!!!! Lalalalalala, listen to the furure denial cap smugglers!!! SQuirrel!!!!!!! It is looking!

7. Loading says:

Here’s a suggestion for y’all……..inject via reversed pumpkin smashers! THEN, smile because one day it will haunt you.

Currently Playing: Limbo and going for the l33t Achievment of “No Point In Dying”……thats HOW I ROLL.

8. dbot says:

Just what is going on here? I don’t understand many of the above posts. Is cupcakemelter suggesting a cover of Don’t Cha? “wish your girlfriend was l33t like me?”